Oct 03, 2020 | Carl Kennedy | 5573 views
Return to Play Guidelines
Return to Play Guidelines
SBMHA Return to Play Guideline
The South Bruce Minor Hockey Association (SBMHA) is a member of the Western Ontario Athletic Association (WOAA) and Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA) and must obtain approval from the WOAA of the Return to Hockey Plan prior to commencing on ice activities for the 2020/2021 season.
This plan has been developed by SBMHA and has been reviewed by the Municipality of South Bruce, the ice providers to our hockey association. The Return to Hockey Plan may be suspended at any time at the direction of the WOAA or OMHA due to concerns over transmission of COVID-19.
The intent of this plan is to meet the Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF) Return to Hockey guidelines, currently in Phase 2 Stage 3B which allows for on ice instruction and modified non contact game play. Advancing through the remaining stages of Phase 2 and into Phase 3 will be at the direction of the OMHA through the WOAA.
Eligibility to Participate
As per the OHF guideline, members registered with SBMHA in 2019/2020 hockey season are eligible to participate. Approval of any new registrations will be obtained from the WOAA. SBMHA will make accommodations to allow for registrations to be made every 8 weeks during the 2020/2021 season (October 1, December 1 and February 1 starts).
SBMHA will follow all facility guidelines of the Municipality of South Bruce and understands that these requirements may change over time as new information is learned. Currently SBMHA will be implementing the following in conjunction with the Municipality of South Bruce.
1. Mandatory mask use for all people entering the arena. This includes players until the point in time when the player puts their helmet on.
2. Each person entering the arena will make use of the hand washing / sanitization station upon entering the arena.
3. There will be a limit of one parent / guardian per child allowed within the facility to a maximum of 50 people within the facility.
4. Players, team staff and parents will not be allowed to enter the arena facility until specified by the arena staff (i.e. 10 minutes prior to the start of their ice time). SBMHA will follow all rules set out by the Municipality of South Bruce regarding use of change rooms and will adhere to all marked out areas for the purposes of getting ready to go on the ice. All players, team staff and parents will exit the facility within 10 minutes following the conclusion of the ice time.
5. All players and parents /guardians will follow physical distancing rules within the facility and follow all signage for entry and exit points to the facility.
6. There will be no spitting while in the facility.
7. Bench area will be allowed for use during modified game play but physical distancing rules will be in effect.